Feeling jealous of these gorgeous photos and outfits? Well you really should be, because Lizzie of The Dust on the Ground is an incredibly sweet person as well as stylish. Yes. You can just give up now. But really, Lizzie's blog is such an inspiration for me; she has perfected that effortless English rose look all while studying third year medicine at university! So, in true Freaky Friday fashion, I have an interview with Lizzie below, and she has an upcoming guest outfit post of mine over on hers!
. . .
- What inspires you? Everything! I think you can find inspiration absolutely anywhere! One of my real style icons is Alexa Chung, her outfits are so well put together but look effortless. Also I have a pile of Vogue magazines as tall as me in my bedroom…
- Do you have any wardrobe staples that every girl should own? A tartan scarf and a good pair of leather loafers!
- Where would be your dream place to take outfit photos? Hmm…maybe a beautiful, sunny and entirely wind-free field somewhere. I have too many photos of me with hair in my face.
- How did you dress when you were fifteen? Oh god, I cringe to even think about it. I should imagine I was slap bang in the middle of a kind of goth/grunge crisis and wearing boys’ clothes. Fashion crimes happen. Let’s move on.
- Favorite films/shows? Well, I tend to share my film taste more with my male friends than my female ones! I love Quentin Tarentino films… But I also can’t resist a tragedy and will cry at anything (ANYTHING). As for TV, I’m completely in love with Modern Family at the moment (Phil Dunphy for president.)
- How did you come up with your blog name? My blog is named after one of my favourite songs by one of my favourite bands, Bombay Bicycle Club. All my post titles are song lyrics too with a link to the song at the bottom of the post – I’m a bit of a music-obsessive!
- Best month of the year? Any month in which it’s not raining which, in the UK, is a big ask. Not January. I blame all of my problems on January.
- Why did you decide to start a blog? I started reading fashion blogs a year or two ago and thought it would be a great creative project (I do love a project). It’s a great way to get inspired and interact with some lovely people!
- Favorite place to shop? I adore Topshop (like a lot of people) but like to mix high street pieces with vintage finds and hand-me-downs!
- Perfect Saturday is spent... Catching up with old friends and making new ones! And being with the people who make me the happiest. Is it wrong to also say shopping…?
- Most interesting place you've traveled to/experienced? That’s so difficult; I adore traveling, even just around the UK! I’ll never forget Tokyo – I was pretty certain I’d been flown to a different planet… Iceland is so beautiful and the people so lovely! South-west USA will always stick in my mind, mainly for the sheer beauty of the national parks, they were breath-taking.
- What is one thing you love about yourself? What a terrifying question. After much consideration (and possibly Googling the question, is that allowed?), I suppose I like that I’m empathetic. Sometimes it’s a right pain but so often it can be really valuable to be able to put yourself in someone else’s shoes.
- Where do you see yourself in five years? If all goes to plan I’ll be a (probably very stressed) junior doctor, hopefully with enough time to still do all the things I enjoy. And hopefully I’ll be happy!
. . .
Okay, so it has now been proven that Lizzie's pretty funny too. Her blog is just wonderful; you must must must go have a look!